Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago, I installed a High Lifter lift kit and heavy duty spring kit on my '05 Rincon. Ever since, it has ridden like total crap. I'm not sure if it is the springs, lift, or a combo of both that is causing it to ride horrible. It rides like it has no suspension...it will beat you to death. I wish I had just kept the stock shocks now and not put the lift on. I'm at the point now that I just want to replace the shocks/springs all together and take the lift kit off. The only replacement options I've seen are Ekla (way to expensive for me) and an option from "Bronco". Does anyone have any other options they've run across?? The Bronco shocks are in the price range I can afford, but I'm leery to the ride quality and build quality, and I'm just not familiar with them. Are there other options that are better?? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
The shocks ( Honda calls them "cushions") are about 300 a corner new. 2005 Honda TRX650FGA A REAR SHOCK ABSORBER | Cheap Cycle Parts

I don't know about the Bronco product, if they are made to spec, they would be a great cheaper replacement, I would assume they come with all the seals etc...and on E-bay are about 175 usd a pair.
2 Bronco Front Gas Shocks Honda 2003-2005 Rincon 650 & 2006-2014 Rincon 680 | eBay

When you have all the lift parts off, go over all your bearings, seals, alignment etc, I have seen the wear on those parts from the extreme angles a lift creates. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts