Honda Rincon Forum banner

Which Exhaust????

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  04RinconMan 
#1 ·
I have an 03 Rincon. Iam going to put a jet kit with K&N airfilter with prefilter. I am thinking about buying a exhaust pipe, but Im not sure which one. Iam thinking about a Procircuit T-4 or a Supertrapp but I dont know. I have 27in Mudlites and would like to get back as much power as possible!! Which do you recommend? Thanks, RedRider08

#2 ·
For what its worth, i can only tell you what i have tried. I have an HMF on mine, with the quiet core in it. The power gains are significant, but it is a bit noisy. Not too bad witht the quiet core, unless you hit it wide open, and then it has a pretty good crack to it. If you take the quiet core out, it is damn loud, but it runs even faster. I got the HMF + quiet core, for just that reason. i can run it both ways depending on where i am at, and if noise is an issue.

#3 ·
DRock,
with the quiet core is it significantly quieter? Anywhere close to how it sounds stock? Thanks

#4 ·
The quiet core gets rid of the loud cracking at idle / low throttle. At wide open, it is still pretty loud, but not ear splitting like it is without it.

compared to stock, it is not much louder at idle - just a much deeper rumble. After that it tends to depart from the stock noise levels more significantly the higher up the RPM band you go.

#5 ·
I have a FMF Powerline and I'm very happy with it. Haven't had a chance to compare it to anything else though.

#6 ·
I have to recomend the Power Tech 4 by MBRP. All stainless and all welded...
..No Maintenance! I have had mine for over a year now and not 1 problem.

#7 ·
Hello. We just purchased an 05 Rincon. It is a bit sluggish so far, but I know its still breaking in (and have read ~250mi. mark it will wake up). Are there any aftermarket exhaust systems out there, that are quiet like the stock setup? Id like to get some more power out of it down the road, but I really would like to keep it as quiet as possible. I need to use this machine around horses, so that is a consideration. Thanks!

#8 ·
Both of you guys need to get the supertrapp you can adjust the sound of it by adding or removing the disc. you can make it have a nice sound but not to loud by adding the disc or you can keep it pretty close to stock by removing some disc or you can just play with it until you get the perfect sound. That is what I like about the supertrapp it is totally adjustable sound wise and power wise. When I am not hunting I use all 12 disc for maxinmun power and sound but when hunting I use 6 disc and it still has alot of power without all the noise. I am very happy with my supertrapp it really woke my rincon up. I hope this helps you, if you have anymore questions send me a PM.

#9 ·
04RinconMan- Do you have to remove a lot of the hardware to get to the screws on the Supertrapp in order to get the end cap off? I have the Supertrapp and don't see how you can get to the screws without taking off a lot of stuff to get to it, so I have never tried taking some out. Thanks

#10 ·
Duramax, It takes me about 10 minutes to change the disc. I don't have to take any of plastic off. I just unbolt the end cao from going in above the right rear tire. There is one bolt that takes a little longer but not that much longer I don't see how it can be that hard on yours they have to be the same. I use the allen wrench that came with the pipe. If you can post a pic of yours sometime and I will do the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.