Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with experience riding in snow of all depths with either of these tires that could give me some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont know about the bighorns,but my buddy has 27" mudlites on his kodiak 450.We went ridin friday, we have from 10- 15 inches of snow on the ground,and my stock tires on the rincon did alot better job than the mudlites.I dont know if it was the width holding him back or what,but they didnt do too well.Everywhere else,they seem to do great.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have anywhere from 15 to 20 inches and the stockers are doing a very commendable job.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the mudlites and they do pretty good in the snow the only bad part is they have such a deep lug that when you get in deep snow they seem to dig there own hole then you get high centered.I have also had the 589's and they do the same thing.I dont think you will find a good tire just to go through snow.

·
Registered
338 Posts
big horns are great in the snow..so far this year i have had the least problems than anyone in our group..the list of tires used is atr's,bear claws,589's,mudlite's and everyone has commented how well the big horns have done..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stockers are great when there is not much snow or the snow is hard. I had the stock tires and could not keep up with my buddies in the deep snow but would walk all over them in crisp snow since the stock tires would not grab as much. I put on a set of 26" mudlites and there is a night and day difference. I will put the stock ones back on when I go back to summer riding on the trails.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I second that the stockers at a real low pressure will out run the mudlites... If you can stay on top the snow... They are great... Start them spinning and they dig til they find something solid. And they make it next to impossible to get back on top the snow....

Now, if you are running first snows, or running in 6 to 10 inches only... They will outrun the stock tires... but only because they are finding the dirt......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mud Lite, Mud Lite, Mud Lite!!! No question about it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
after riding with guys who have bear claws,mud lites,589's and stock rincon radials my bighorns handled it alot better,the goodyear radials did great too in the snow,mud lites and 589's dig too much and once its packed down all they do is spin while the big horns continue to grab and go forward..

·
Registered
338 Posts
sorry double posted..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a set of atr's on my Rincon and they are awesome in the snow.
Much better than my Mudlites.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts