Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating between a Cabela's Trail Tamer 2300 (made by Superwinch) or a Warn 2.5. The Warn is about $70 more and it appears the features are the same. Which one do you recommend? Are there any others that you would choose from?

·
Registered
151 Posts
WARN--------

I am not a superwinch fan.... Most I have seen are made cheap and don't last.... JMHO...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Simple,

I have a 2000# Superwinch and it just does not have the ass to move the rinny in a good stuck situation. Spend the extra bucks and get a Warn.......You'll save more in the long run because you won't have to buy another winch like I need to do now. Don't get me wrong, it works, but it's not a WARN.

I added a snatch block to mine just in case.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the Warn 2.5 big enough to get me out of a jam or do I need to step it up to the 3.0?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mudchucker...
A claim like that and no picture....LOL

Just having fun with ya, you seem to be on a picture posting spree... well you have been posting two pictures alot...

the warn 2500 is enough for one machine in serious mud... but the 3000 may give you the extra you may need someday...... how much extra is it????

While you are thinking.... ramsey has the wireless.... nice unit... My father has one.... very nice...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
trouble is bringing the camera into where we ride... Im going to buy a low end digital to take with me into the bush...

photo posting spree... yeah... trying to increase the moral in here from, just a forum, to somthing more along the lines of, " a bunch of guys *we* know " of course most of us may never meet one another, but it helps to some degree of camaraderie...

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Think of the winch purchase this way. You know the old saying of "you get what you pay for".. Well that saying comes very true in your winch purchase decision.

I have the 2.5ci and love it. Has worked very well every time I've asked it to.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with guitars.... Winches are out in the elements and can corrode up easy if not made with high quality parts..... Thats why warn has the reputation they do.......

And if your hungry, I would suggest calling mudchucker......

Beef, its whats for dinner....LOL.....

So whats in the glass in that pic.... guiness????? No foam????

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will get a Warn. I am leaning towards the 2.5 since everyone says that will do me more than good enough. Cabela's has the 2.5 for $340 and the 3.0 for $450. Does anyone know where I can find one cheaper than Cabelas?

·
Registered
151 Posts
warn 3.0 Brand new..... 349.00 plus 25 for shipping...

Trax motor sports... ebay.. butit now.... 23 hours.. left

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2497435135&category=43984&sspagename=WDVW

or call them... Im sure they will hold thier price...

Trax Motorsports

701 North 7th

Suite 10

West Monroe, LA 71292

Call us anytime between 9-5pm CST

1-877-BUY-MOTO

(1-877-289-6686)
Email us anytime

[email protected]

Note: I just found this on ebay... I have no connection with them.. but the price sounds good...

·
Registered
8 Posts
go to www.gowarn.com they have the best prices i have found

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had the Warn 2.5 for a year. It has plenty of power, I pull out Yamahas and Polaris' all the time. I have the Warn multi-mount, but took it off the front because it stuck out too far and didn't work well with my plow. I have the remote activation switch (on a 10ft tether) which is nice sometimes, but a pain for plowing and general use, so I am connecting a standard handle bar switch in parallel. The only problem I've had is the contactor quit working at a very inopportune time. After I got home, I disconnected the winch from the contactor, and actuated the contactor about 50 times with no load. Then when I re-connected the winch it worked fine. I think the contacts were just carboned up and working it under no load beat them back into submission.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had to chime in here and give my props to the Warn also. Everyone I know who doesn't have a Warn regrets it. I also have the 2.5 and it has been good enough to pull myself or anybody else out of whatever we've been in.
On another note, I wanted to include a picture of the shelter our ATV club is in the process of building. The picture shows a table we made out of two large rocks, a fire pit, and the slab for the soon-to-be-built shelter. I like the idea of this place being just a bunch of guys talkin' trash and sharing info all the comraderie BS like mudchucker said. How many guys belong to a club or association??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok here's the picture.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
I want to join!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anyone heard of a different type of cable made for winches? Something different than the standard cable. Mine has a flat spot and sometimes gets jammed.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds like the 2.5 Warn is the way to go. Now I just have to save my money over the winter and get it before the fun mud season starts. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
red9,
they have a synthetic rope that works nice..... I have seen it more on larger winches.... But I am sure they make it for smaller ones also..

Brian

1 - 20 of 26 Posts