Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me everything about it. I would also really appreciate a sound clip if you have one. I want to know how big of a difference it HONESTLY made. I get tired of these people claiming they get huge power gains from it (without jetting) when they really probably got nothing. Does it "sound like more power" or do you honestly get more arm-ripping power from this pipe after installing it and jetting correctly? I want to improve my mid-range, hows the HMF at doing that? Also, have you ever been hassled by any park rangers or DNR people at how loud it is? Ever been tested? Sorry for all the questions, but I would really hate to spend $230 on a pipe that I'm not impressed with that is only loud. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey yellow i have had mine since they first came out the only thing that has really happened is that i blew the cap and quiet core out due to wrong jetting as soon asi rejet and contacted hmf they sent a new cap and a redesined quiet core and so far about a year now no probs oh yeah i also had about a 20% increase in power and speed highest speed ever speedo marked 58mph but gps marked at 56mph thats when rev limiter hitting hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I just ordered the HMF for mine, what altitude are you at and what jetting are you running.... also where abouts is your air fuel screw? If you'd let me know it would be great! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LS1ChevySilverado, I got my HMF installed last Saturday. I am currently using a DJ150 main jet, e-clip on 3rd notch with larger washer UNDER the clip, and 3.25 turns out on idle mixture screw. So far, it seems to be running VERY strong. I am yet to do the proper way of checking jetting, but right now this is what I have and am pleased at the moment. My elevation is about 800ft.

You will LOVE the HMF. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got one in my Rincon as well. As far as settings, i am at about 1100 ft +/- 100 and i am running the 148 main jet, clip on 2nd groove with washer and shim under the clip, and about 3 turns out on the mixture. I have the quiet core in mine, which takes a little power out, but it is not nearly as loud. If i take the quiet core out, it runs too lean, and i would need to bump it up to the 150 main.

As far as making a difference in power, it is like night and day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I,ve got one on mine and really like the power it made but i live on a lake . The sound is to lound for riding it around my house . Would like to sell it or trade for stock exhaust plus $90.00

Thanks ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts