Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I'm new to the Forum but not new to ATVs. I just purchased a 2007 Honda Rincon with 3000 miles on it. shes pretty much stock and is in great condition. Just curious if there's stuff I should look for I'm coming off of a Polaris 500 which was basically pretty weak I would have thought this Honda would have a lot more power and basically have the wheels up off the ground every time I took off like a bat out of hell. I change the oil put a new uni air filter on it haven't got around to a spark plug or valve adjustment yet but she runs pretty good just seems to be not as much power as I thought it would be. I know that these do not have as much low-end as my Polaris would have with a low gear

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your Rincon isn’t tired or anything like that. Soichiro Honda developed ATVs that were safe and reliable. He made sure that they delivered years of trouble free service and reliability. The “other brand” that you came off could never hope to match the service life or quality of a Honda ATV. Don’t worry that it won’t pull the front off the ground when you smash the gas. A Rincon isn’t about raw power-it’s about the great feel you get, riding it for hundreds of miles, day after day after day after day. And it still feels like brand new with 5,000 miles on it. 🙂

·
Premium Member
8,087 Posts
Your Rincon isn’t tired or anything like that. Soichiro Honda developed ATVs that were safe and reliable. He made sure that they delivered years of trouble free service and reliability. The “other brand” that you came off could never hope to match the service life or quality of a Honda ATV. Don’t worry that it won’t pull the front off the ground when you smash the gas. A Rincon isn’t about raw power-it’s about the great feel you get, riding it for hundreds of miles, day after day after day after day. And it still feels like brand new with 5,000 miles on it. 🙂
Or 13,000 miles on it.

Polaris and Honda should not be mentioned in the same paragraph, unless it is about towing a Polaris back to camp.

·
Super Moderator
6,621 Posts
The Rincon is basically a 3 speed civic. Or better yet.. the energizer bunny. Not the fastest on race day, but for what it was designed for it is superior in every way. Mr. Honda didn't like working on his back, so he designed the Rincon to be stable when placed vertical, yup, lift the front end up, and it sits on the back rack allowing you to access everything (after the skid pan is removed). Even a water pump repair won't waste much coolant in that position. When your done, no need to "lower it carefully", just push it forward and the suspension absorbs the landing. I went from a brand new Rancher in 2003, having only ridden it for a couple months to the Rincon when the dealership surprised me and said "we have one, you want a test ride"? Left the Rancher there and rode my new Rincon onto the trailer. Sure there are lots of machines out there with gobs of power, but you pay for it in replacement of weak parts and poor design. I admit the other machines are getting better, but as they do, the price seems to go up with it. Look how long it took Honda to give is the Talon. That thing is a monster waiting for more air. At just over 35000 Kms or 21000 Miles, I decided to freshen it up... amazing internal condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sorry about mentioning the Polaris but it was definitely a inferior quad compared to the Honda. So far I'm definitely liking the rhino and just like my Honda cars I own they're just as reliable. I can't believe that somebody would actually flip the bike up and stand it up on the back and no problems with that I'll have to try that one day.

·
Super Moderator
6,621 Posts
Rhino? Not many get the part about the vertical service. I'm old and can still "clean and jerk" it up. Last time I used the winch though...

·
Registered
15 Posts
my rincon goes to the rear wheels, I have 12,000 km, a v-max ist 62 miles, ancla 26 '' tires, aluminum bottom covers and a terra 35 winch, my suggestion is to change the oil several times because it is not known how early it was;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I belong to an ATV forum, truck forum, CR-V forum and a side by side forum. What people come up with amazes me.

·
Super Moderator
6,621 Posts
I belong to an ATV forum, truck forum, CR-V forum and a side by side forum. What people come up with amazes me.
Ya, like how so many think they know it all with out ever referencing written text (manual) or from someone that actually knew what they were doing... Just read some of this forum, the "Oh I took this off now it don't work" kind of statement... Blows my mind.

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
It is a great resource.

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
My post above seems to have been edited somehow. What I posted the first time said.
It is a great resource (meaning the service manual). However the engineers that wrote it could not possibly know everything that could happen. Knowledge and wisdom are born from experience.

·
Premium Member
8,087 Posts
As my Rincon gets older each year, it too is having problems getting the "front end up"

Reactions: Steve'o82

·
Premium Member
8,087 Posts
It helps if your wife will "wax" the front bumper.......

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've had my 05 since 38 miles on the odometer. It's now sitting at over 5k miles and a TON of hours. It's mostly used as a chore machine these days, plowing, lawn rolling, firewood, etc. And an occasional joy ride down the abandoned rail way.
In 15 years I've upgraded the front brakes to discs, changed the rear pads once, replaced one ball joint and a couple (I think 2) tie rod ends. And that's it. That's a pretty good deal for me for all the work it's accomplished. My Can Am which has 1/5 the miles and probably 1/10 the hours would take this entire page to list the repairs. It's a fun powerful machine but boy is it maintenance hungry....

One thing I would recommend watching out for is the cam chain tensioner. I've had problems 3 times over the years with mine. The last time I let it go a little too long trying to nurse it through firewood season and the chain jumped time on me. Luckily it was while I was starting it and no damage occurred but for my stupidity I earned a tear down to replace the chain.
If your tensioner is going south you will be able to hear it on cold start up for the first minute or three. Don't ignore it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts