Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my rant for the day.

I have been trying for a month now to get ahold of a set of the new MaxLite 8-spoke wheels and the Bighorn Radials. Since my Grizzly and Rincon use the same wheel size/bolt pattern, they'd be interchangeable between the two machines... a nice plus.

So I've been unable to find the wheels because they're on backorder. Always on backorder. Lots of tires and no wheels. So I wait.

Then I find a dealer who has them. I place the order. He calls me a few hours later. "Our distributor was just cleaned out yesterday. Some dealer in Kentucky bought every last set of Bighorns they had." WTF?

So I call up the only dealer I know in Kentucky, ATV Direct. Nope, wasn't them. They say 4-6 weeks backordered on the tires.

I call up ATV North. Now they're out of tires too. They say 3-4 weeks backordered.

This is just fucking great. I finally find wheels and now the Goddamn tires are gone.

I just sent a pretty irate email to Maxxis through their website. I don't expect a response. Most companies this incompetent wouldn't be able to answer a simple email anyway, at least not without some pre-arranged propoganda.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm not a happy camper right now. I'm seriously considering swearing off (and at) Maxxis Products from this point forward.

Rob

·
Registered
322 Posts
I want to rant about that stupid ass Highlifter. The stupid sons a bitches can't get any fuggin orders right at all. I ordered the gel grips from them on SUNDAY, and haven't got ONE SINGLE confirmation e-mail back. So, I e-mailed them today asking if they even got my order. Now I have to wait on the idiots to get their thumbs outta their A$$ and get my order shipped. Hell when I ordered the powerkit, it took them 2 weeks just to get it shipped!!!

Just tonight on the forums, one guy asked where the cheapest place to get the MBRP was and I told him somewhere else than Highlifter (god forbid) and the stupid forum admin edited my message telling me not to addvertise. I was pissed off. I was like "Why was my post edited? I wasn't advertising anything, he asked so I suggested. I have a freedom of what I can say here don't I? I mean this is the US." That's a crock of s**t. The only reason I hang around there is because the Forums are so active.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Since we are all bitching, I ordered my MBRP pipe from highlifter over two weeks ago. They told me it would be in a week. Then they said by the 31st. Now they are saying another week. I should have it by christmas at this rate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Caz,good luck with high lifter!!! they backordered my performance kit and when it did come in they sent the wrong sparkplug and still haven't got the right one

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, where were you guys when Mudcon was going on and on about how WONDERFUL Highlifter is, and how there's absolutely NO WAY they could be anything short of PERFECT all because he had good luck with them?

Maybe then he wouldn't have gone over to ATV Nation to start a RobG-bashing thread and then ended up banned here.

Rob

·
Registered
322 Posts
I didn't ever see that thread until you closed it. Highlifter sucks ass. I only hang out at their forums, which are kinda starting to piss me off. But it's the most active utility quad forum I can find.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well, my gel grips came in today. They are really nice. I they actually shipped them out tuesday, so it didn't take that long. But, I didn't even know if they got my order or not. I wish I would have gotten a confirmation e-mail becaues I was getting pissed. I doubt I will order anything from them again though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess I have been lucky with Highlifter, Everything I have ordered usually arrives the next day, but then again they are only 3 hours away. Rob if you get over being pissed and still get the maxis wheels you will like them, I really like the look of mine. My wife just called awhile ago and said my Power tech 4 is at the house, screw the trick or treaters I have mods. to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
All of this bitching reminds me of when I was in the Navy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
After reading all these glowing reports, I sure am glad I bought the performance kit from Highlifter. I was wanting the kit for the weekend, this one not the one three weeks away. I hope it doesn't work out like this.

Anyway as far as the bitchin goes, I think it makes great reading and kinda brightens up my day. YOu know the old saying,"misery loves company".

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did finally get these tires and wheels... took forever. About the only thing that kept me going was the fact that I bought a snowmobile, so I've had other things to do than ride ATVs.

And what sucks is that these tires are TINY compared to anything else out there. The ITP Holeshot ATRs are very beefy by comparison. Heck, even the stock Carlisle Badlands on my friend's new Sportsman 500 look beefy compared to the Bighorns.

The rear tires are only as wide as my old Blackwater XT front tires. The Bighorn front tires look like donuts. They're so narrow that the lip of the wheel sticks out and will be whacked badly by any passing rocks. This tire is TOO NARROW for a 7" wide wheel. It should be fine on a 6" wheel though.

So I made arrangements with the dealer to return the fronts and get another set of rears to put on the front wheels. At least this way I can rotate the tires and get maximum wear out of them.

Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
For anyone wanting to know ATV NORTH just got their order of Maxxis Radial Big Horns in. Jut ordered them as soon as they came in. They have one heck of the deal on them. They are the cheapest that I have ever found.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Can I please have some imput on your Maxxis Radial Big horns Rob or wvrincon or anyone else that has these tire??? I am thinking about either this or the ol' faitful titan 589...i had that tire on my rubicon and it was GREAT!!! but heavy

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey RobG what did you think of your blackwater xt's? did they throw up a lot of crap at the people behind you? my dirtdevils throw a but load of crap and no one can ride behind me. but i tell you what though, i have yet to see a better snow tire. also work great in soft dirt and thick mud. they work suprisingly well on rock and hard pack trails also but leaves to much dust behind me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
any one ever try MUD SHARKS?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No bitching here, ordered my warn bumper from ATVDIRECT on Monday Dec 22 first thing in the morning when they opened and they shipped it the same afternoon and I received it on Wed Dec 24......x-mas eve!!!!!!! To say the least I was very happy with the service of both ATVDIRECT and UPS way to come through in what is probably the biggest time for mailorders.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey get this... apparently Maxxis is still sucking ass. A read a post on another forum about a guy who was just trying to order up some Bighorn Radials for his Grizzly and guess what? ANOTHER FIVE WEEK BACKORDER on the tires!!

Sheesh.

Rob

·
Registered
282 Posts
They must be doing Something right if they are backorderd then everyone must be getting them....although they really should predict the market flow and produce enough to keep everyone in supply. Makes me think they are working from they house in a garage LOL!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts