Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2020 Rincon. I just purchased a 2500 badlands winch. Will this mount to my ATV or do I need a special mounting plate?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use the KFI plate. Has standard small winch bolt pattern. Winch mounts behind bumper out of the way with just the fairlead showing. I run a synthetic rope.
There are others.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is my 2020 Rincon with a KFI winch mount and Warn 2500LB winch. I like the KFI mount because it mounts the winch higher in the frame. The Warn mount I had on my 2016 Rincon put the winch in the lowest possible point in the frame and it got every ounce of water and mud splashed on it. Not to mention in the winter it would completely freeze in a solid block of ice and you couldn’t operate the freespool clutch. I know the difference in height between the two mount setups isn’t huge but that little bit makes a big difference. Just my two cents for what works for me! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much for the pictures! Makes installation a lot less stressful and confusing. I will try mounting it today.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I learned a lesson about nylon rope as opposed to cable, on winches, from my neighbor. Rope will easily fray and then break. Just my experience.

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts
Nylon rope? sure... it's crap when compared to Synthetic. However, in using synthetic winch rope, you do have to treat it a bit different, but it is in every way better than steel. When the sheath is installed properly, you can use it for years on your plow, and then go riding, get stuck and it works perfect, no steel cable stabs, and the stuff floats!

·
Registered
36 Posts
If steel cable breaks under a load it is a weapon of death and destruction. Synthetic is superior in many ways and it isn't lethal IF it breaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts