Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have you guys with winches found to be the best place to mount the contactor and remote socket? I have a Warn 3.0 that I need to install with the Montana Jack's receiver system.
Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Underneath the seat by the spare tools. I put he remote socket in the black plastic piece that says honda on it.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I have the 2.5 winch and I mounted the contactor upside down underneath where the spare tools sit (under the left rear fender).

I ran the bolts from the top down, so only the bolt heads stick up where the tools are.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I mounted mine to the back side of the air box. Just unbolt the airbox and lift it up there is a lot of room behind it to run the wires. Just silicone the bolts when you are done to seal it up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I was leaning towards the area of the spare tools and just wanted other input. Any other thoughts on the remote socket location.
Greg

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put the remote in the forward trap door compartment. Just leave it plugged it all the time and open the door to use it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put the remote in the forward trap door compartment. Just leave it plugged it all the time and open the door to use it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mounted the contactor on the frame under the black plastic behind the seat with some flatbar that I drilled to fit. Just sandwiched the frame with 4 bolts works great stays clean and dry most of the time.I put the remote socket in the plastic by the storage compartment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I mounted mine under the handle bar on the yoke, this requires you to switch the power cables, the long cables contactor to the batteries instead of contactor to winch. I used colored tape on each end to get the cables right since you are changing all the cables. I did this with a warn 2.5. I used velcro and ties to snug the solenoid on the yoke. No problems and the solenoid is always clean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts