Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

I'm in the market to purchase a new Honda within the next few weeks...

Anyway, was wondering if any of you have seen the new 2005 Rubicon, it has the Rincon look and now with TraxLok and disc breaks.

I realize that the machines differ in some areas (as work horse and sport machine) Well for my needs I'm 38 and won't be doing anything to wild, but will ride the tykes around, plow the blacktop driveway and find some mud now and then.

The Best price for the rincon OTD is 6715 and the new Ruvicon (Due the 1st week in Dec) IS 6264 otd - about a 415 dollar difference between the two machines.

Are the Rincons super dependable?

Thanks,

Phil

·
Registered
25 Posts
Personaly, for the difference is $$$$ I would step up to the Rincon, if for nothing else, resale value alone.... Although I definatley like the transmision set up on the Rubicon much better, I feel the Rincon would be a more solid machine with the Rubicon tranny... Just my .02....

·
Registered
66 Posts
It might be worth it if the Rubicon had independent rear suspension. If it did I would consider it but nothing can beat the ride of the Rincon, The ONLY downfall of the Rincon is no low gear and thats it.....just my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was at the dealer drueling over the rincon this weekend and there were a few rincons in service - like 4, I asked the sales guy to talk to the service mgr and ask what's the deal w/the rincons in service? He came back and said the service guy said there is nothing wrong with them, it was the cold wave we had over the last week and the new summertime owners were not familiar w/the cold trans not operating the same as when it's warm outside? What does that mean I asked, the sales guy said the trans in the rincon feels like it slips when it's cold but it's normal for that type of machine - the owners were gonna get there machines back with no repairs.

I too would love the rubicon with the IRS, the guy said nothing matches the Rincon suspension but the straight axles is less prone to any repairs?

Not sure about what all this means, what repairs - he didn't know...

Phil

·
Registered
47 Posts
He meant having cv joints that are suseptible to having boots tore and joints going bad. The straight axle doesn't have that problem. And the rear axles are around $240 each to replace and over $100 to rebuild the joints. I don't want that to sound like a detraction of the Rincon, it's just a fact. I had a cv joint go bad because a boot tore. Luckily the dealer covered it under warranty. If you aren't doing any serious blasting down trails at 50+mph there is no reason the Rubicon won't be the ride for you. That's where the suspension on the Rincon makes such a difference. The Rubicon has a nice ride and will probably be a much better work horse, but the Rincon is the ultimate fun machine. The Rincon is no slouch when it comes to getting work done either. I tell everyone who I know that is shopping to go out and ride everything you can get your hands on and pick what fits your needs the best. Either way, you will never be dissatisfied with the Honda quality. Nothing else comes close.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well said Hodag! Honda--Best on Earth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts