Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is posted in the right area. If it isn't please feel free to move it!

Looking to buy a front brush gaurd for the Rincon and wanted to check here first to see if anyone had one they would like to sell?
Love to find this bumper but would consider any! Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are a few things to consider when adding a front bumper on your Rincon. 1) the Rincon has a mediocre approach angle. Meaning-the way the front end is designed puts the frame, plastic fascia etc out in front of the front tires. So, climbing up really steep banks, or dropping off really steep banks results in that front end smashing and dragging into the ground. Same applies for trying to climb over large rocks/logs. Adding a front bumper only makes matters worse because it mounts to the front of the machine, sticking out even further. 2) Aftermarket front bumpers mount to small tabs on the frame of the Rincon. If you hit anything substantial, you’ll be rewarded with a handful of broken tiny frame tabs and a detached front bumper. Been there, done that with my Moose bumper. 3) More weight hanging off the front end of an already softly suspended machine-not a deal breaker however. Maybe the bumper in your picture is better than the Moose product I had, as it has one more mount point up near the bottom of the rack. All I know is that I took the Moose bumper off of my ‘16 Rincon. I have 4 factory mount tabs ripped off my frame. And I don’t miss the bumper at all! I didn’t put a front bumper on my new 2020 Rincon. Those bumpers look nice and tough and all, but looks can be deceiving.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here’s the ultra rugged factory tabs my aftermarket bumper mounted to! Haha. In all seriousness though, the Moose brand bumper I added was apparently more for aesthetics than functionality. I wouldn’t waste my money on another one of those! Good luck with your purchase.

·
Super Moderator
6,848 Posts
Have welder, will travel ;). I totally agree. I have a modified Warn on front and made skids so I could ride up/ over bigger logs. I also braced it back to the vertical tubes by winch attaches to. Poor old thing is mostly a work horse now, pulling trailers full of wood or plowin snow. If I still rode it like I did 18 years ago, I would have no bumpers as it hated the weight!

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
I am going to disagree here. My bumper(s) have served me well for 15 years. There is no telling how much crap I have ridden over and thru with mine while out hunting. The headlights and plastic "bumper" the Rincon comes with are insufficient.

I don't mod much, but when I do.............

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

• Love
Reactions: GarryB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mainly want one for Looks and to protect the plastic if I need to blaze a new trail. I don't ride in crazy terrain to where I need to worry about approach angle. I just want to protect the headlights and plastic mainly. Been looking at the Guru bumper and I like them and also like the Warn bumper how the top center bar is below the outside Headlight loops but I read they aren't as strong but like I said earlier I'm not looking to smash into boulders or large trees for that matter. I have a Can Am X3 at the moment and I believe I have it sold so I'm gonna fix this Rincon up and ride it and I want it looking nice and go back to my roots of making a trail where there is no trail :) so I need to be able to run over small brush without worrying about the plastics.

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
@GarryB , mine are Guru bumpers and they are strong as hell. All welded construction. They look factory. I looked at a bunch and his were the best.

As for departure angle......no change.
As for approach angle, if you look at shape of the lower section, it pops right over stuff like logs and whatever.

As for transferring stress to the sub-frame mounts....I'm sure it does. Crushing the front end components is more important to me.

If I stayed on trails, even nasty ones, I would save the weight and delete them. My usage is different.

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
I mainly want one for Looks and to protect the plastic if I need to blaze a new trail. I don't ride in crazy terrain to where I need to worry about approach angle. I just want to protect the headlights and plastic mainly. Been looking at the Guru bumper and I like them and also like the Warn bumper how the top center bar is below the outside Headlight loops but I read they aren't as strong but like I said earlier I'm not looking to smash into boulders or large trees for that matter. I have a Can Am X3 at the moment and I believe I have it sold so I'm gonna fix this Rincon up and ride it and I want it looking nice and go back to my roots of making a trail where there is no trail :) so I need to be able to run over small brush without worrying about the plastics.
The Guru guys were smarter. Mine does not have loops welded on. The top and bottom bars are continuous through the side plates and fillet welded on both sides. You would have to physically break the bar. Warns loops will crack at the welds.

Also, the ends of the Gurus are steel plugged and welded. Not plastic caps shoved in.

Reactions: GarryB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Guru guys were smarter. Mine does not have loops welded on. The top and bottom bars are continuous through the side plates and fillet welded on both sides. You would have to physically break the bar. Warns loops will crack at the welds.

Also, the ends of the Gurus are steel plugged and welded. Not plastic caps shoved in.
You've sold me on the Guru bumper! Hey! I just realized you live in Ky also! I live just north of Morehead on I64. We should ride sometime!

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
You've sold me on the Guru bumper! Hey! I just realized you live in Ky also! I live just north of Morehead on I64. We should ride sometime!
I live south of Shelbyville, Ky. When I leave my home county to ride, I go down to Black Mountain (Harlin). I hear there is good riding around the RR-gorge.

I have a Yamaha Super Tenere and have gotten lazy about trailering my ATV around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live south of Shelbyville, Ky. When I leave my home county to ride, I go down to Black Mountain (Harlin). I hear there is good riding around the RR-gorge.

I have a Yamaha Super Tenere and have gotten lazy about trailering my ATV around.
I ride RR Gorge all the time. Just broke an axle down there last saturday in my X3. We was riding boneyard and went to Townsend cave but I have rode Hollarwood and Walkers creek as well. I have a good friend that lives in Shelbyville. He is a game warden down there.

·
Super Moderator
6,848 Posts
Agree, but I bought my Warn long b4 the Guru started making the bestest bumper period (his welds are like artwork) You can see the mods I did to it, it's still holding shape. Now just an ornament really with no changes to angles for approach/depart. Added flat bar to the vertical to make riding ou and over the big ass trees in BC, here in NS they are not 1/4 the size. :)
Grille Automotive exterior Rectangle Gas Mesh
Plant Tire Tree Automotive tire Tread

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
I ride RR Gorge all the time. Just broke an axle down there last saturday in my X3. We was riding boneyard and went to Townsend cave but I have rode Hollarwood and Walkers creek as well. I have a good friend that lives in Shelbyville. He is a game warden down there.
Well, if you ever want somebody in the bitch seat for ballast in your X3 I would love to go. I would pitch in on gas and bring your favorite beverages. I only work Mon thru Wed.

As for Rincons, I might be tempted to do that also.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I’ve been very impressed with my Guru bumper. Though the winch and bumper do add weight to an already soft suspension, I have no doubt it has saved lots of damage.

IMHO it is also improved the look of the ATV (not that looks are that important). Especially looks good with a Foreman 3rd light.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Reactions: Steve'o82

·
Registered
83 Posts
I really like that Foreman headlight you’ve adapted to your Rincon. Looks like a nice clean fit. I remember a post somewhere on this forum where a gentleman had adapted one and gave the list of parts needed to complete it. I rode Foreman’s for years and I do miss being able to see at night while running through tall grass and weeds.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Yeah. I forget the user’s name, but he could supply all the required parts at a discount. Changes the overall CRV kinda lines of the front end.

Edit: BKR I believe was the user.

Reactions: Steve'o82

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, if you ever want somebody in the bitch seat for ballast in your X3 I would love to go. I would pitch in on gas and bring your favorite beverages. I only work Mon thru Wed.

As for Rincons, I might be tempted to do that also.
We will have to do that some time for sure. I'm running a 205hp Evo tune... she's a lot of fun!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts